*** Final Race Instructions - 9:20AM at the beach ***
· Boats can enter the water after the race meeting and the start will be at 9:30AM sharp.
· The start/finish line will be the two outer black and white striped buoys, marked with balloons. The race director will be at the line with a megaphone for final instructions.
· Bring water with you! There will be snacks at the beach and food at the Brewery 11AM after race.
· Feel free to use any vessel that requires paddling. No motors are allowed.
· Every participant must wear a coast guard approved PFD for the entire event - NO EXCEPTIONS. Pin the bib on the upper back of your PFD.
· The course will involve heading straight out to Gale Island (just south of the center of Big Island). We will have an orange regatta course buoy at that point. All boats must pass by within 50’ of the buoy in each direction.
· Once you reach Gale Island, please stay within 50 feet from shore, heading east around far east end of Big Island, then all along the north side of Big Island (Cruisers Cove). There will be anchored boats along that side, but there should be no problem going by.
· When you get to the channel that divides the island, go straight to the red buoy and cross to the green. You have the right of way, but proceed with caution.
· Go around the west end of the island, head straight towards Gale Island and back to the beach passing within 50‘ of the relocated orange buoy.
· Once you get to the beach, get your boat out, and cheer for others. Take your boat to the turnaround, get your vehicle, load up and drive or walk to the brewery at 3rd and Water Street.
· There will be gift pack prizes for the top three finishing boats and a drawing that everyone will be eligible for at 11AM. DO NOT ask about getting prizes before that.
- Remember: this is a Fun Event, not a race. Safety first -
See you there!
Rick Carter, Race Director