- Saturday February 9th -
Event Day Instructions
For those of you who know folks who haven’t signed up yet, there is still time. Online
registration closes at 10 pm on Friday, February 8. Join us for a fun ski/kite ski/snowshoe/fat tire bike. You will be supporting two great causes, Freshwater Society and the ICA
Foodshelf. Your registration or donation gets you some swag, free food from Joey Nova’s Pizza, a party with two great bands and you’ll be entered in the door prize drawings. Beer is
available to purchase. Registration is non-refundable.
Parking may be hard to find because of the Ice
Castles. Allow extra time to find a space. The elementary school (access from
3rd off Water Street near Wells Fargo) lot will be available after 1 pm.
The course is about 8.5 km long and 2-3 meters wide, with a double classic
Event Day Schedule
9-10:30AM Kite ski Registration and bib pick-up @ Brewery
11:00AM Kite ski start
11:30-1:30PM Nordic/snowshoe/fat tire bike Registration and bib pick-up @ Brewery
1:50PM Nordic/snowshoe meeting for pre-race instructions @ start
2:00PM Youth skate and classic ski start
2:05PM Adult classic ski start
2:10PM Adult skate ski start
2:15PM Snowshoe start
2:30–2:45PM Fat tire bike start (need to let skiers get far enough out)
3:00PM Joey Nova’s pizza and Wondercure
3:30PM Awards to category winners and door prize drawing reveal
4:30PM Thank you’s
4:45PM More Wondercure
7:00PM The Rebel Queens
- Kite ski bib pick-up and on-site registration at EBC from 9:00 - 10:30AM.
- Nordic/snowshoe/bike/supporter bib/plate pick-up and on-site registration at EBC from 11:30 - 1:30PM.
- No one will receive a nordic/snowshoe/bike bib or register after 1:30PM.
- We will have over 200 skiers picking up numbers/materials beginning at 11:30AM so please try to arrive early.
- Parking is free on most side streets, but the stalls along the lake front are paid with credit cards. You can also go to the Excelsior Brewing Co. lot and the
municipal lots behind the Water Street businesses.
- Please go to the local businesses and buy stuff! They are our biggest supporters.
- Allow extra time to park and walk (10 minutes).
- Beer for purchase will be available at EBC starting at 11AM.
- On-site registration will be $40 for 18 and over and $20 for under 18.
- Kite ski race starts at 11AM. Be at the start NO LATER THAN 10:50AM for instructions.
- Nordic/snowshoe starts at 2PM. Be near the start NO LATER THAN 1:50PM for instructions. Fat tire bike race starts at 2:30 -
2:45PM. Be near the start NO LATER THAN 2:20PM for instructions.
- Bathrooms are available at EBC and near the start at the beach.
- Nordic/snowshoe/bike course has been groomed and tracked.
- Fat bikes should have their tire pressure at about 5 PSI. Studs are recommended.
- All participants will receive and wear front and back pin on bibs with chips for timing.
- First 200 to pick-up their bibs will receive free logo water bottle!
- Prizes for top adult male, female, youth male and female, in the skate and classic categories; and top male and female in the snowshoe and fat tire bike categories
will be given at EBC at 3:30PM.
- Door prize winners will be revealed at 3:30PM.
- The nordic/snowshoe/bike course will be one loop of approximately 8.5km.
- Keep the pine branches to your left and classic tracks to your right.
- Bars will be open inside the Brewery at the front and outside in back.
- The weather looks perfect!
- Remember: this is a fun event - be courteous and a good sport - SAFETY first.